How do I uninstall ialertu and Plex media center?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone4, MBP
I downloaded Plex but didn't like the interface so I moved it to the trash. It's still showing up in the bar at the top of the screen (sorry, can't remember the proper name for it). How do I delete it completely?

I tried to install ialertu. I'm not sure if it installed or not. There was a small icon on the bar I mentioned above but I closed it. I can't even find this program on the computer now. I thought maybe if I rebooted the icon would pop back up but it didn't.

How do I completely get rid of both of these programs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
If you go to Applications and drag Plex to the trash then trash these 2 files.
~/Library/Application Support/Plex/
~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/

On the iAlertu if you tried to install it, it should be in your Applications Folder. If it wasnt installed properly the .dmg is probably still in the Downloads folder. Go there and drag it to the trash . . . Without more info thats all i got

HTH

Cheers

C

chas_m

I can only offer you a general answer (TattooedMac gave you a specific one for Plex, I suspect if you googled "unintall ialertu mac" you'd find what you are looking for on the other one).

In GENERAL, the way one gets rid of programs one no longer wants is to simply drag the application to the trash, then empty the trash. The exception to this rule is in the program in question had an INSTALLER program run first. If it did, then it probably modified the system and needs to be uninstalled by whatever method the developer recommends. Some high-end programs (like Adobe, Microsoft and pro apps from Apple) come with a special uninstaller program. If available, use that.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone4, MBP
Ok, Plex is gone. Thank you. There's nothing in the application folder for ialertu so I'm guessing it didn't install. I know I got a pop up that stated I need to change some kind of password before using it but never did figure out what it was talking about.

Chas_m. I tried Googling before coming here. There wasn't really anything helpful. They all talked about using the IR remote provided with "all Macbooks" (except mine) to turn it off. Other than that, nothing.

Thanks guys.

Reaction score
If you go to Applications and drag Plex to the trash then trash these 2 files.
~/Library/Application Support/Plex/
~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/

On the iAlertu if you tried to install it, it should be in your Applications Folder. If it wasnt installed properly the .dmg is probably still in the Downloads folder. Go there and drag it to the trash . . . Without more info thats all i got

HTH

Cheers

is that how you delete apps? you just move it to the trash and leave the other crap it put in your computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
is that how you delete apps? you just move it to the trash and leave the other crap it put in your computer?

It's not the right way 'cause files are still in his computer.

What ?!?!

How did you come to that conclusion? I was merely answering a specific question.

I have AppTrap installed and when i drag something to trash all associated files go with it, so to answer your question, no.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.