use iBook display for PC?!

E

EIlves

Hello, has any1 tried to connect iBook with a PC and use iBooks display? I gave it a shot but ran out of ideas. Is it even possible? Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
its not possible mate many have tried before

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yep sorry not possible with out major hardware modifications... I do not believe there is anybody who knows how to do thos modifications but if your really daring and don't want your ibook any more.. look it up on the internet

OP
L

lil

The only 'easy' way to do this is to use remote desktoping.

Two free options:

- http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts/otherproducts.aspx?pid=remotedesktopclient
- VNC

This will display your PC's screen on the iBook screen, you can do this via the internet, direct ethernet connection, wireless. You just need the IP address of your PC on the network.

I personally recommend the MS client as it's faster, but will only support Win XP on the PC; and you will need Windows XP Professional on the PC for remote desktop support.

VNC though slower will work for Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000 and XP.

HTH :flower:

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Mac N00b said:
Why would one [try to] use the iBook as a display?
I have no idea, but this question gets asked by a different person at least once a week.
And nobody ever thinks to use the Search feature before they post it, hehe
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yeah... the vnc option has been suggested by me for so many different reasons and nobody ever searches to look for it...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.