Can't open monitor control panel OS 9.2

T

triple_a

Hi all,

I need to know how I can re-install the monitor control panel in OS 9.2. I put the "Apple Studio Displays" disc in and installed the software and now it comes up as "Monitors and sound" and crashes my computer everytime I try to open it. Is there any way I can re-install the original software? Or does anyone know some kind of fix?

Cheers.

OP
B

Badger

First, trash the monitors and sound control panel and the pref file. Now you can use the OS 9.2 installer. Go through the steps to do an installation until you get to the window that has customize and options buttons. Choose customize and scroll down the list to control panels; check the monitors and the sound panels to reinstall both. Then continue the installation. Only the control panels will be re-installed.
You can also drag-n-drop the replacement panels from another source, such as a back-up copy of the system folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.