FaceTime

Reaction score
I am trying to get FaceTime to work on my iPad It asks what email I want and when I put it in it says it's already in use. I don't have anything else on FaceTime so I'm confused. So to clarify I sign in it asks me my region then what email that's when I get the error.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Is it what email you want or what username you want to use?

- Simon

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
I'm using my user name for iTunes to sign in then when I put my email in so people can call me on FaceTime it says can't verify my email because it's already in use

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
Ok so I bought the FaceTime app for my Mac to see if will work on there and it pretty much does the same thing. Altho on this one it says the email is used by another apple I'd which I don't have.

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
Alright so I have fixed my problem. It really wasn't a problem it was more that I didn't understand my mobile me account is it's own apple ID. I started my iTunes account a few years ago before I got a MobileMe account when I did start the mm account I changed my original email to my mm email so when I was trying to sign into FaceTime I was using my original apple ID and then tying to use my mm email to call people with but because mm is it's own apple ID it wouldnt let me use my mm email for FaceTime with my orIginal apple ID. So if I want to use FaceTime with my original apple ID I have to use any of my other emails. If I want to use my mm email I just sign into FaceTime with my mm account and it worKs great. Not sure if anyone will really ever run into this problem but I thought I would still tell my resolution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.