I need help picking a MacBook Pro

Reaction score
So I'm in need of some advice. I'm going to be getting a 15' MBP and I need some help figuring out if I should get the 2.0 GHz or 2.2 GHz.

Either option will work fine for my everyday tasks, but I do play World of Warcraft and I'm not sure which option will be best for this game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So I'm in need of some advice. I'm going to be getting a 15' MBP and I need some help figuring out if I should get the 2.0 GHz or 2.2 GHz.

Either option will work fine for my everyday tasks, but I do play World of Warcraft and I'm not sure which option will be best for this game.

Remember that the difference between those two MacBook Pro models isn't just the processor speed...but you also get a larger hard drive & higher end graphics hardware with the 2.2ghz model.

Also remember that you cannot upgrade the cpu & gpu (you can upgrade ram & HD)...so buy the most you can. I don't think that the cpu speed or HD size is a big deal...but if you need the better graphics hardware...get the 2.2ghz model.

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I always say buy the best that you can afford and feel comfortable with buying.
If you feel a niggle in the back of your mind saying "well if I buy the lower end model will I regret not getting the better one", then get the better one if you can afford it!

HTH
- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.