Cant set up mail!

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a MAC book running OS 10.4.11 software so not the latest update. I am trying to get the mail programme to pick up my mail accounts.

I have a BT Internet mail account which is receiving email but not sending, MSN email wont set up at all. Get an error saying port 110 has timed out. I am using pop.msn.email.com and smtp.msn.email.com and have also tried pop.live.com and smtp.live.com

I also have a mail account for my business mail and have entered the setting given to me and again this wont send or receive?

Anybody have any ideas??

I can set up all these accounts on my iphone and blackberry so wondering why its proving so hard to get them on the MAC!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Go into System Preferences > Network > Advanced > DNS and see what is recorded there., You should have a Primary and a Secondary address.

OP
G
Reaction score
thanks, when i do that i get a popup saying
"your network settings have been changed by another application" it is continuously popping up even after clicking OK!

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks, had a look at that and I can get rid of the pop up.
Cant see anything in the network tab showing Advanced or DNS tho??

Have managed to get mail functioning somehow!
Receiving now on hotmail and BT and work but I have to use the one outgoing mail server to send, the others still dont work..... Guess I can send and receive now so Im happy again!

Thanks for the help!
Sm

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.