• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iOS 5 said a 'major revamp,' moved to fall

Reaction score
Hmm... "major revamp" sounds pretty nice. This is really a great time to be a tech fan, isn't it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Man I'd love to see a new UI already. The current one is really dated/long in the tooth, aka: boring IMO. I doubt they'll release another iPad so soon though. That would just **** off a plethora of people. I'm waiting, either way.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
Just the near rumors of a second iPad in the same year makes me think twice as well.

And even though it is just a rumor I keep hearing apple may deliver yet another iPad in the fall too..

As far as a revamped iOS I'm not surprised..

It's due

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I want to see better push notifications here. So many people complained about this. If iOS 5 does not fix this issue then well it'll turn some people away from iOS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I very highly doubt they will come out with another iPad this fall. To be honest, it'd be universally stupid for them to do such a thing. They will more than likely ramp up production to get ready for the holiday demands, but not make all new hardware.

Now iOS 5 might make the iPad 2 seem like a whole new tablet with it's new features and performance enhancement though. That, I can totally see happening.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.