Mac OS hanging itself - need rebooting remotely

S

Sumehta

I have Mac OS 10.3.9. My machine hangs very often for no reason. I need some way that either helps me finding the cause of hang Or helps me forcibly rebooting the machine.

All Suggestions are Welcome.

OP
G

gmoore66

Open up Activity Monitor and select "All Processes" and sort by CPU usage. Keep an eye on it periodically and hopefully you'll see what's causing the problem.

I use 10.3.9 and have no problems, so it's probably some third-party application. I know that I did use some software recently which caused the system to hang, so I stopped using it. Can't remember what it was though, but it was probably third-party (i.e. not Apple).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I had some hanging problems when I was using tiger... I did the all proccess thing to figure out what is was.. this was a couple weeks ago, and I found out that it was VNC... so if your running vnc and are no longer connected to the server some times that will use up to 90% of your proccessor and cause it to hang.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.