I need help with hiding icons from doc!

Reaction score
Okay so I know how to hide a .app from the doc but I wanna know how to hide a java program such as rsbuddy.jar. Which is RS botting but I want it undetected so its not disturbed. So I was wondering if I could get some help!

Thank you for your time,
Jameson

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
there is an application called dock dodger which edits apps so that they run without a dock icon. not sure if it will work for java, but its great for stuff that runs in the menubar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
I imagine that it can't. Dockless/Dock Dodger is just a fancy GUI for quickly adding this line to a info.plist inside the application bundle. And Java applications do not have this file.

Code:
<key>LSUIElement</key>
    <true/>
It really depends though, give it a try with Dockless/Dock Dodger. Some java applications have a .app wrapper and it might work with them. Edit: rsbuddy ends in .jar so it wouldn't work :(

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I imagine that it can't. Dockless/Dock Dodger is just a fancy GUI for quickly adding this line to a info.plist inside the application bundle. And Java applications do not have this file.

Code:
<key>LSUIElement</key>
    <true/>
It really depends though, give it a try with Dockless/Dock Dodger. Some java applications have a .app wrapper and it might work with them. Edit: rsbuddy ends in .jar so it wouldn't work :(

i see... interesting!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.