yahoo att mail just stopped working

Reaction score
im new to macs so im lost

my mail was working fine for a few months. for some reason last night it stopped working. i uninstalled and reinstalled the account, still wont send or receive. works on my iphone, and if i just go straight to yahoo. the provider is att through yahoo

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you've done everything correctly by removing and reinstalling the account and it still doesn't work, try this:

Access your account by going to it on the web. Change your password from the web account. Now, go back to Mail and set in your new password both in POP3 and SMTP (receive and send) options for the account. Make sure you save them. Let's see if that works.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Great, glad it worked for you. What probably happened is that the password in your keychain became corrupt. By changing it, the corrupt password was overwritten.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.