Top Bar Icons

Reaction score
Hi there,

I small issue, but I would like to remove some of the items in my top menu bar, the ones that appear next to the battery and sound icons.

I cannot simpily remove them by holding down the apple icon and dragging them away like i can with the sound and battery etc.

thanks.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
go into system preferences, and find the corresponding preference that applies to the symbol. in there there should be some kind of checkbox for "show "item" in menubar." turn that off.

OP
S
Reaction score
hmm, thanks for getting back, unfortunately, I cannot find the thing that applys to it in sys pref, any other ideas?

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm, thanks for getting back, unfortunately, I cannot find the thing that applys to it in sys pref, any other ideas?

what exactly is it that you are trying to remove? can you do a screenshot of the menubar and system preferences main window?

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
okay, click on it, hit OPEN UPDATER, then unselect "please notify me of events in the menubar."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.