administrator account has disapeared

Reaction score
administrator account has disappeared

My administrator account, which had no password attached to it, has suddenly disappeared. I can now only log on to my ibook Mac Os X version 10.4.11 through an old user account that I had created years ago but never used. While logged in my user account, if I try to see the user accounts in Preference system, it stays blank, or looks like it's looking for them but nothing ever shows up. But when I try to download new softwares, the computer asks me for the admin name and password. Although I know these (they were always left to default, I'm quite sure), it never works, and the computer always tells me what I type are the wrong admin name and password.
Does anyone know if / how I could retrieve this admin account, knowing that, well, my Mac's CD player hasn't been working for a while, as well as the touchpad. Is there hope for my old friend? Thank you for your replies!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.