Issues with Charger for A1181

Reaction score
Hi i have a rather bizarre query.

My Macbook A1181 ( 2008 model) suddenly stopped charging. The battery had significantly less charge than before and used to last for 1 to 1.5 hours on a single full charge. I presumed that since the battery was not dead, it was my charger which was at fault.( when i went to the apple store another charger used on my macbook was charging it) So i purchased a new 60 V charger from apple store. They said that the battery was deeply discharged as there was a lead time of 10 days before i purchased a new charger.

After putting the new charger, the charging light does not show a bright yellow, but a dull( very meak ) Green which is barely visible by naked eye. This used to happen before as well, but initially it used to show yellow and then dull green. I kept it charged for 12 hours but there were no green dots which appeared behind on the battery. If i press the button near the battery , the last light blinks 3-4 times & stops.

What happens when the battery is deeply discharged & how much time it takes to come back to life. Any other way of checking if my battery is ok or not?

I cannot switch on my MAC...Please help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You should be able to switch on your MacBook even with the battery removed as long as the MagSafe adapter is connected. What you're describing could be indicative of a bad battery.

Download the free coconutBattery application to see what the condition of your battery is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.