• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Schiller: No iPad 2 keyboard dock, use the soft keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Makes sense. I know I personally would rather have some generic stand and the bluetooth keyboard. When I first saw it, I thought it would not do well. The keyboard dock is hurt in 2 ways:

1. it only allows you to use the ipad in portrait when landscape is definitely preferable as it is most like a regular monitor in that orientation.

2. the awkward design makes it more bulky than it should, which hurts for people who want to travel with it.

I like how the write says "where's the data, yo?" The proof is in Apple's actions. If they were making money from it, they'd keep making/selling it! That's really all the proof you need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 15" High-res Display, 2.4GHz Core i5, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 96GB Kingston SSD
Good decision

Clearly Apple isn't selling a lot of these keyboards, and for one good reason: The iPad keyboard is probably the best on-screen keyboard around. It's perfect, in landscape mode I can type almost as quickly as I can on the MacBook Pro, and I like to think I'm a pretty swift typist.

Lugging the bluetooth keyboard around destroys the point of having a mobile device, as it's just too bulky. May as well take a MacBook Air, at least it's all a single unit, making it slimmer and more practical to pack up.

Kudos.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
This would only happen, if for some reason, Apple would lean more towards making the iPad a computer replacement. But clearly, that's not what Apple sees in the future of the iPad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.