• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Downloading WMP on a Mac...

T

thenewmacuser

I know you guys prolly get tired of the new mac users, but I just got my FIRST Mac ever yesterday [an iBook G4] and I'm loving it! I would like to know if anyone knew how to download Windows Media Player onto here. I have it downloaded onto my desktop as a .sitx format, but when I try to install it onto my computer, Finder says there is nothing on my computer to unload it.

Help please? :mail:

OP
D

danielbruzual

WMP 9.0 I found that link on download.com , it says it will work on mac osx. You prolly downloaded the version for windows.
EDIT:.SITX information

OP
T

thenewmacuser

danielbruzual said:
WMP 9.0 I found that link on download.com , it says it will work on mac osx. You prolly downloaded the version for windows.

No, I downloaded the one for Mac OS X and thats the same one. It unloads onto my desktop and then when I click on it, it says "There is no default application specified to open the document "Windows Media.sitx"....then it asks me to choose one. I have no idea which one to choose..

Thanks for replying.. :bandage:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
You need StuffIt before you download WMP...this was one of the questions when I picked up my Mini @ the Yorkdale Apple Store

Like Internet Explorer, it's pretty sad on Mac/OSX... :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.