• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

International iPad 2 lines form as Apple begins taking online preorders

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Just goes to show no matter what country human beings live in...they're all "silly" enough to start lining/queuing up for an iPad 2!;) I bet folks around the world were laughing at us "silly Americans" a few weeks ago when the lines started for the iPad 2 release...now it's our turn to "chuckle"!;)

Now the question is...will we see any tents?;)

- Nick

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I want to see some iPad line photos from all you international people! Pretty please?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Reaction score
It's 100% about the product for me. And for the record, the online store here is not accepting orders yet. It lets you go in and "buy" but when you get down to choose which model, they are all 'out of stock' so far.

Reaction score
Ireland's store now lets you buy direct. I think the APPLE Notify Me link is stupid, you see its on sale the 25th, then you click another page that says its on sale the 25th to get to put in your e-mail address, then, it notifies you on the 25th its for sale! It should notify you that you can now pre-order! But Apple seem to only allow that for US customers.

Reaction score
It is the 25th here and 3:36 am to boot. I did the 'notify me' over a week ago to 2 different email addresses and have yet to get an email. I guess it goes along with the fact that even though it is over 2 and a half hours past when online ordering was supposed to be live, it still is not accepting orders....boohoo and I stayed up late (and probably will continue to) to be one of the first to order online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
^^^^ Sydney store :)
London was the iP4. I like his passion of travelling the world for launches in different countries.

Reaction score
Jeebus, I noticed yesterday, yeah, you can order, 2-3 weeks shipping. Couldn't get out of work early for 5pm on sale time. Gave a friend some money to go queue for me. He was there 4.30pm. 5.30pm the queue moved 3 feet. 6pm, ran out of iPad 16g, 6.30pm ran out of iPad 32g. I only originally wanted 16, in the end, he got the 2nd last iPad 64g and I ended up forking out an extra €200 then I originally wanted! Turns out, the Apple Reseller in Dublin, Apples biggest store since they dont have their own, only got 100 iPads in the first order! Ridiculous!

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
"Some people drop by and give us food. Some people drop by and say hello, you know, you're really brave for what you're doing," Mr Lee said.

oh dear.... yes that definitely is an "interesting culture"....

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I happened to walk through the mall yesterday towards the end of the day (around 4:30 or so) and there were quite a few people outside but they didn't seem organized. The store had all the windows covered with black curtains which I found interesting. I also couldn't believe the number of people on the floor above looking down at the stores and lines.

I would have taken pictures but I only had my cell which has a terrible camera.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.