Safari 2.0.1 is here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
Just about to download and see what happens

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
prostuff1 said:
Just about to download and see what happens
Be sure to let us know what happens...we are waiting to 'hear' from you
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
safari 2.1

hey

where ya gettin it

regards

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
Well, all is well hear. Did the update via software update but you could download it via versiontracker.

I have messed around with it and everything seems just about the same as before. Maybe a little faster. But then again, i don't use safari all that much, i like camino myself

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
WYSIWYG stuff that uses JS is still messed up :mad:

Oh well... hopefully maybe in version 3 with Leopard they'll get it right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
prostuff1 said:
Well, all is well hear. Did the update via software update but you could download it via versiontracker.

I have messed around with it and everything seems just about the same as before. Maybe a little faster. But then again, i don't use safari all that much, i like camino myself

Well, that's good to here. From what I here, its better to just use Software Update to get it.
I here that Camino is a good browser to use.

:black: :cool: :teen:

Reaction score
I think it's the same speed wise, looks the same so far

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
safari 2.1

hey

well i'm convinced after serious surfing this version is definately
faster!!!!!!!!!!

or is it the usual wishful thinking

regards

Reaction score
you could be right, mine is so fast as it is, it would be impossible without a devise to measure the speed, for me to tell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
no problems hear :teen:

Whoa, new smilies! (sry, just noticed em)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
safari 2.1

hey

still doing serious hands on testing i remain convinced its faster
must find a way to prove it or research others findings

regards :mail:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
hmm ill update it but im still a firefox guy myself

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I will update it but later...

Reaction score
just read this about the update
Safari updates improve website compatibility
Aug 29 - 4:00 pm EST Apple on Monday afternoon updated its Safari Web browsers for both Mac OS X 10.3.9 (Safari 1.3.1) Panther and Mac OS X 10.4.2 Tiger (Safari 2.0.1). The new version improves website compatibility, application stability and support for 3rd party web applications.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i hope that means that the windows media player will work better with safari now.. the myspaces with the WMP files on them were annoying because I could not view them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
PowerBookG4 said:
i hope that means that the windows media player will work better with safari now.. the myspaces with the WMP files on them were annoying because I could not view them.

A while back I downloaded some sort of browser plugin program from a company other than M$, which allowed assorted Windows Media Player file types to be opened in Safari, and other browsers. I forget what it was though. Check versiontracker, and I'll try and look around my computer later and see what it was. Whatever it was worked perfectly.

D

djmitch

Safari 2.0.1? Don't bother.

2.0.1 has done nothing for me - I still get those retardedly annoying blue boxes with a white question mark in it instead of images on certain pages, and some images (like graphs on some sites) don't appear at all. When I view these exact same pages on IE on a Windows machine, these items appear no problem. Using IE for Mac doesn't solve the problem for me either.

If I sound ticked it's because I even e-mailed Apple about this issue prior to 2.0.1 and nothing was done about it. Other posts in this and other forums have other Tiger users complaining about the same thing. However, I don't want to use Firefox or another browser because I like everything else about Safari. I guess I'll just grudgingly live with this aspect of my switch until Apple hopefully does something about it.

R

Redbull

And they haven't solved the problem of those annoying ''check out'' buttons on certain websites when you buy products online. It won't proceed further, so I have to end up using my Windows Dell.

D

djmitch

I'm not trying to get in a Safari-bashing mode or anything, because I really do like it aside from my earlier post (and some things that are not quite as customizable as IE for Windows), but I've also had problems with some on-line forms. For example, one time I was applying for a job on-line that insisted I fill out their application form instead of e-mailing my resume. So I got through a couple of pages, filled out another pretty long one, then one of the fields didn't auto-update or something. So I had to go to someone I knew with a Windows computer where it worked perfectly on IE.

So Safari definitely has its bugs and again 2.0.1 solved none of the ones I've noticed. Apple "just works" ... well, most of the time. It sucks that I like IE for Windows more than my experience with Safari to this point, and I again hope Apple can correct these things.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.