Safari 2.0.1 is here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
i got 2.0.1 last nite, and it works great. I can't tell any difference yet tho.

S

sursuciofla

Will 2.0 work on Panther? Does anyone know? I know it is a Tiger app but I don't want that because it will render some of my heavy apps useless but I love 2.0.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
2.0 is for Tiger only. I know of no way to install it in Panther. I seriously doubt it will work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
ok so referencing my previous thread about problems with safari and mac-forums...
i did the update and while safari is snappier, it's completely stopped me from viewing mac-forums all together. as soon as the index page loads safari quits. i guess i'll have to do a little 'cleaning' with safari. weird how it's just this forum alone. i've got to use firefox in the meantime i guess...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Jason, something is wrong in your OS. Mac forums is fine here with the new Safari. I have used it for hours and it's 100%.

Wish I could help more but don't know where to start as I have had no problems here at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
well, i was holding off on doing anything drastic, but i'm gonna follow the instructions in that link jram posted in the other thread. it basically suggests trashing safari and reinstalling it. i'm guessing it's gotta be a corrupted cookie or file (?)

Reaction score
I just updates to 10.4.3 and it shows safari at 2.02 version. It does seem a bit faster than it was...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 12", ipod photo 20gig
just checked my system monitor..seems that safari is taking up my system resources.. my ram widget tells me that after i quit safari, i would have an extra of over 100MB free resources..is this normal?
i wouldnt' complain if i had more ram, but as it stands, i only have about less than 30mb of ram free if i turn on safari :s

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.