So now you have your iPad 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
I have had my iPad 2 since last week Wednesday.

I just wanted to see what everyone thought about it. Since this is my first iPad ever and I have never even played with a iPad 1, I have nothing to compare it to. But, I think it is a pretty amazing piece of tech. I play on it everyday now. And I am even designing for it. I just started making a magazine of my portfolio which I exported from InDesign onto the iPad 2. This tablet is awesome.

I just really wanted to see how others feel and what they do with their new iPad 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Love mine

It is an improvement over my iPad, decidedly faster. It is enough narrower and shorter and, obviously thinner, that none of my iPad cases fit it.

Reaction score
Not quite as expected...

I have to admit that I am not using the iPad as I thought I would.

That does not mean that it is a bad device or anything but I assume Apple just raises really high expectations by their marketing.

Most of the time it is just laying around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
I can't put mine down..don't even use my phone as much

I love it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5(Mine) and Wife's Imac intel,(new)
For many

For many people this is enough, for lack of a better word, computer, once you do realize what it is and what can do. I was very hesitant to buy one, but it is my main toy that I use more often than my iMac. I could not do without one now.

Reaction score
The iPad has a perfect niche within my multi-dimensional computer use.

I have an iPhone, MBP, iMac, and the iPad 2 and each have its use with me. I use my iMac for real heavy duty work, as well as for watching movies and listening to music when I am at home. My MBP is used for work and school related stuff which I need to access when I am out, I use it everyday and love it. My iPhone is my phone, no explanation there. And my iPad fits perfectly into my reading, email, web browsing and multimedia "go to" device. When I am not working on school or using my Mac, my iPad is in my hands (I am typing this post on it as we speak)

I would break down my uses like this: 30% iMac, 30% MBP, and 40% iPad. I think that says a lot about how versatile and efficient the iPad is.

Reaction score
I am amazed at how fast I can browse web pages on this. Much faster than I had expected! I sure wish I could get something akin to vlc for it. I went to try and watch the documentary Macheads on it using safari the bout an app called Atomic and bought another called 360. Neither one will let me watch it though.

Other than that I use it every day surfing, reading iBooks forum participation, watch movies on it, type work notes and assignments using Pages app and of course email. I Love my iPad and have never regretted waiting longer, spending more money to get the iPad 2. Oh, and I love the built-in picture frame,

Reaction score
In fact,,,its d same case with me, i have used ipad for the first time and believe me its an awesome experience...i just love using my ipad2...trying different gaming apps on ipad....recently tried video poker's deuces wild,,anways i think ipad2 has become must 4 me atleast..

Reaction score
I travel a log internationally and mostly leave my MacBook Pro at home. I do bring my iPhone, but hardly use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone 4S, iPad2
I bought my iPad 2 last week and so far, I love it! I had been searching the Apple store and Best Buy for weeks, then I stumbled onto this one at Walmart.

There is a huge difference in speed between the original iPad and this one.

I never thought I would purchase Apple products, but now that I've owned a few, they are very addictive.

Still have my iPhone 3G that I'm waiting to upgrade when the 5 comes out. Back in November I bought my first iMac and I could kick myself for waiting so long to buy one. Within the last 2 weeks I bought an Airport Extreme and the iPad2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I sure wish I could get something akin to vlc for it.

VLC used to be available in the Apple Store until it got pulled. I got it before it got pulled and it really is a great app, just drop videos onto the iPad and I can play them without needing to convert first. You can still find the app via jailbreaking but I guess that doesn't really help since the iPad 2 hasn't been jailbroken yet. Useful tip for original iPad owners.

C

chas_m

Just to correct the record: the Apple Store nor Apple had anything at all to do with the iPad VLC app being pulled ... it was entirely at the request of the ACTUAL vlc development team, who had a dispute with the person who put up the VLC iPad app.

Also, as someone who owns the iPad VLC app, I can assure you that it does NOT play any video you throw at it without converting. Most, yes. All, definitely not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.