Urgent help with Motion in general or Motion 4 !!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Long story short i have a friend in Uni doing her teaching Degree and with-in that she has to do Multi-Media and using Motion.

Now she bought the Final Cut Pro Suite and installed it on my MBP. Now she has spent 2 weeks making this project with Motion4 and it was awesome and worked fine.
She went in to Uni to show the teacher what she had done before tomorrows grading.
Now if there is any Motion or Multimedia gurus can i get some help.
When she played it to the teacher all the audio worked BUT some of the letters where not there and others were not aligned properly. Now the letters that where missing are the same font as other letters in the word that is there.

When she went to the time line all the letters and fonts where still there as they where when she saved it.
Now if i upload the file to DropBox can someone with Motion 4 please try it out and to see if it work on there Mac please ??? It is needed to be tried within 12-14 hrs.
The reason we cant try it out this end on another Mac is bc we dont know anyone with Motion 4 and the Macs at the Uni have only Motion 3 !!!!!

And can someone explain why Motion 4 files are not back compatible to Motion 3 ??? Grrr that is the silliest thing i have heard or see considering PS is backwards compatible quite a few versions ?!?!??! Confused !!!!

Sorry for the long winded post but i needed to give as much info as i could . . . .

The only other Info i can supply is a did the 10.6.7 update since she saved it. Not the Combo Update :( and its the 1st time i didnt bother doing the Combo Could that be the problem ??
When i did a MainMenu clean of the OS hoping to fix it, it took a lot longer than usual and i saw things in the Log that i have never seen before . . . It feels like the 10.6.7 update has something to do with it :(

Anything would be appreciated :) Ill upload file to DropBox within an hour and link you to it here . . . .

Ill be back and thanks in advance

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well longer story shorter.

Im sure it was the 10.6.7 update. I had to do a reinstall of the OS and all is good now. This post didnt in the end need to sound as urget as i was either, and my apologies. As usually Teri (my friend) freaked out, and over exagerated the time frames, but she was understandable upset because she thought she lost 3 weeks work.

Happy ending . . . .

EDIT: There has been problems with the 10.6.7 update. Thankfully i had backed up and going back to 10.6.6. wasnt a problem.
The problems i found where do do with fonts and PostScripts and PDF's with certain fonts.
The problem is more wide spread than that though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.