BOOTCAMP partition not there??

Kax

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz Core i5 10.7.3 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD
Hi,
I have a windows 7 installed in my MB Mid(2010) and it was working fine till
I partitioned my hard disk, the disk utility showed me that if I had a BOOTCAMP installed I might not be able to boot from but I said it said might so I said it is not 100% sure, and caz I have already partitioned it once before but this time I do not know what went wrong now I can not boot from BOOTCAMP caz I do not see it when I press the option key, I tried pressing the "cmd + opt + R + P" but that did not work. Any other sug caz I do not want to loss my data

Thanks in advanced :)

btw I tried searching the forum but I did not find any info ;D

Reaction score
BootCamp will not run if a disk has more than one partition besides OSX. Hopefully you backed up your data - you should never make changes to your hard drive without doing that.

I would restore the disk to a single OSX partition and start over. If you want to run two or more partitions in addition to OSX, you cannot use Boot Camp to do so - you must use reFit. Search for reFit on the forum and you'll find threads on how to create multiple bootable partitions on your Mac.

I hope this helps!

Cheers

OP
Kax

Kax

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz Core i5 10.7.3 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD
I think I have nothing els to do :) I though I had no answer but to restore but Thanks any way I will search more info about that reFit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.