After yesterdays software upgrade my keyboard battery level at 100%

Reaction score
After yesterdays software upgrade my keyboard battery level that was at 69% now at 100% and my mouse level that was at 49% now at 80%.Can anyone explain this?

OP
M
Reaction score
I guess no one has seen this happen but me.My mouse has gone back down to 66% but my keyboard still at 100%.Can this be possible since the batteries are ones that came with imac and its been in constant use since December?Maybe the OS upgrade did something to how much power is needed to run keyboard and mouse?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi mattg3

For what it's worth, I have had precisely the same experience. I use rechargeable batteries. Immediately before the update to 10.6.7 the Mouse battery was 72% and the Keyboard 80%.

Immediately after, Mouse 100% (still is!) and the Keyboard 100%, then 80% and now 100% again.

Like you, I have no idea what this means or how or why.

No help to you therefore other than knowing you are not alone.

My guess is: if others checked this out (and who does for heavens sake), they might well confirm that we are not alone.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
Noticing the same thing here as well. I have also noticed that the magic mouse seems to loose connection quite a bit now. It never lost connection before this update. As a side note, the battery level in my magic trackpad has dropped 11% in 3 days, and I have not been using it at all :/.

OP
M
Reaction score
After a full overnight shutdown my mouse has jumped back from 66 to 84 and these are rechargable batteries.My keyboard remains at 100 and are batteries I got with imac.Are we suppose to believe new power reqirements have caused this or is it a mac screw up?Hope others start checking and post.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
maybe they have updated the monitoring system, and the new one is more efficient, and displaying correct results... who knows.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well today I lost my magic mouse connection for first time since Ive owned my imac.It was at 80% and when it reconnected it was at 62%.I dont like where all of this is going but the fact that others are seeing this keeps me optomistic that my mac is okay.Hope others start to see this and it becomes an issue that Apple sends a software fix for.It sucks when things are fine and you apply a software upgrade and things go bad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.