Thunderbird/Firefox Settings Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini 512 1.2 20" cinema
Because I use them on my PC at work and love the functionality, I just installed Firefox and Thunderbird on my mini.

RE: Thunderbird. It immediately checks for email on opening the program. Is there a setting that I am missing that turns that off. There is one in the PC version.

RE: Firefox. How do I set it as my default browser?

Thanks for any help

remltr

B

badmojo

Not sure about delaying the message check, but look in the Tbird prefs. In order to set Firefox as your default browser, you have to do it in the Safari prefs under the general tab.

L

linmacs

remltr said:
Because I use them on my PC at work and love the functionality, I just installed Firefox and Thunderbird on my mini.

RE: Thunderbird. It immediately checks for email on opening the program. Is there a setting that I am missing that turns that off. There is one in the PC version.

RE: Firefox. How do I set it as my default browser?

Thanks for any help

remltr

For TB: Tools/Account Settings/ServerSettings uncheck "Check for new messages at startup"

For FF: open up Safari then Preferences/General and select Firefox as the default browser.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.