Windows and Linux through Parallels

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 February Lineup Macbook Pro 13"
I have Windows 7 and Linux installed through Parallels. My question is, since I have installed them to my computer, each time I boot my Mac up it says "No bootable drive, press any key to continue..." So what I do is restart and hold the option, to select my Mac HD, which is the only option I have. I am wondering why my Mac wont just automatically boot into OSX?

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Having Windows and Linux installed via Parallels has nothing to do with your boot options since Parallels runs only from OS X. The VMs are large files residing within OS X. If you were running either Windows or Linux from a separate partition, that would be different.

Go to System Preferences, Startup Disk, and select your MacIntosh HD as the default.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 February Lineup Macbook Pro 13"
Having Windows and Linux installed via Parallels has nothing to do with your boot options since Parallels runs only from OS X. The VMs are large files residing within OS X. If you were running either Windows or Linux from a separate partition, that would be different.

Go to System Preferences, Startup Disk, and select your MacIntosh HD as the default.

Thanks for the help! It worked for some unknown reason. I don't understand why the system would not just boot up to OSX, but this method worked. Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.