Re-occuring Disk Permissions Repair problem on MBP, any permanent fix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
Is it normal to have Verify Disk Permissions flag up the same problems over and over?

I've tried booting from the Snow Leopard disk and doing permissions repair that way, several times over, the errors dont go away.

Is there a more powerful way to fix this?

(PS, I time machined, formatted my drive, verified disk and permissions, all clear, then restored the machine and the errors come back. Do I really need to just start over and not Time Machine restore it?)

OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
Hah, how un-apple to have a list of errors to ignore :p

But good to know, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Simply de-select the little show details window if it concerns you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Also, keep in mind that that list hasn't been updated since 16 December 2009.
There are so many more erroneous messages that are safe to ignore, and also, this list being out of date, it is hard to tell what is not safe to ignore.

The reason that you get these messages is that with certain updates, new permissions come into play which conflict with old permissions.

The gist of it is, repair disk permissions after major updates such as 10.6.6 to 10.6.7, and also when something isn't quite working right.
If there are any which need repairing, they will be repaired.
Otherwise, just go by the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" theory :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.