New iPad owner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB
Hmmm...

A mysterious, pad-like packaged arrived for the Wifey the other day (and it's my birthday this week) :D She coudln't resist and let me open it last night (I think she wanted to switch over from her iPhone for Kindle :) )

If I wind up really digging on this, I might very well trade it for a 2 :)

Jeez, we've been drinking gallons of iKoolaid lately :D

When I did the initial sync to the MBP I didn't get my Mobile Mouse copied over, but maybe I haven't connected the iPhone (where we purchased it) and sync'ed it _back_ to the MBP. No biggie, just installed it direct again. There doesn't appear to the an iPad specific version, but even at 2X it looks pretty good.

I did install the updated DTV and EBay apps. I've noticed a few apps are "auto adaptive" like Amazon automatically reconfigured to a really nice iPad specific version.

The DirecTV app is _awesome_. Real time what's playing, full control over the DVR, fave channels, sports tracker (with channel switching), holy smokes, this will be amazing during NFL. It's also MUCH better vs. the DTV remote - faster, more features, better guide listings, plus WiFi vs. IR (though I realize there are RF remotes for DTV boxes).

For fun, here's my actual DTV interface:

2f1b5e64.png

...and there's like 3 pages of available channel controls, with custom or pre-defined filters (like there's a whole "Kids" panel that find child friendly material).

Speaking of, she's obsessed with Angry Birds on this thing, playing the iPad specific HD version :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Speaking of, she's obsessed with Angry Birds on this thing, playing the iPad specific HD version :D

Don't tell her they just came out with a new Angry Birds game based on the upcoming animated movie Rio. $2.99 iPad version or $.99 iPhone/iPod Touch version.

OP
[DT]
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB
Hahaha, it's her birthday too, I'll add that to the presents :D

Oh, and could a mod move this please, it should probably be in the iPad hardware area[?]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.