B.T. fon/open/hotspot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 macbook pro 13.3'' i7 750gb 8gb ram, iPad 3 64gb white, black iPhone 5
all my apple tech is perfect apart from one thing
in my house i have 2 MacBooks,ipad,imac,iphones etc
when on them i connect to my b.t home hub 2.0 but when the signal drops they automatically connect to the bt for and the hot spot is there any way of setting a favourite so it always connects to it
also i don't know if anyone else has this problem but with my bt home hub 2.0 the wireless signal will just drop even though there are 3 blue light to fix it you must restart has any one else had this problem so i have ordered an airport extreme to try and fix this problem

please help :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
On your MacBooks and iMac go to Settings - Network - Choose your airport connection on the left then click Advanced
Now you'll see a list of preferred Networks. You can drag then into order of preference or remove them entirely.

On your iPhones and iPad you can go into Settings - WiFi touch the blue circled arrow next to the network on question and hit forget.

The Home Hub 2 isn't a bad router compared to the earlier BT routers. I've configured a few and haven't had any Mac specific issues.

I'd use iStumbler to check the range of wireless channels you have in your area then change the wireless channel on your Home Hub to the least crowded channel. Also check to make sure you have WPA or WPA2 security seup rather than WEP (WPA2 is the default on the Home Hub2).

It may be worth setting up the router to assign fixed IPs to your devices too. I can post info on doing this if required.

OP
Mac Mad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 macbook pro 13.3'' i7 750gb 8gb ram, iPad 3 64gb white, black iPhone 5
i have tried forgetting it but it keeps coming back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Forget it and set Ask to join networks to on

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.