please help

Reaction score
I try to empty the bin but its take me so long to do it...every time i empty the bin. There is a box pop up say that secured empty bin and it take me very long to empty just a small amount of file in the bin. any one have any idea how can i make the bin empty faster....thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Click on Finder in the menu bar.
Select preferences, advanced, and uncheck empty trash securely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 27" 2.93GHz Intel Quad Core i7 iMac 12Gb Ram OS X 10.8.5 / 10.10
You've probably got 'Empty trash securely' and 'Show warning before emptying the trash' checked in Finder preferences.

Open finder preferences click the Advanced tab and if the boxes are checked, uncheck them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
No need to uncheck the warning, in fact I recommend against it in case of accidental clicking :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 27" 2.93GHz Intel Quad Core i7 iMac 12Gb Ram OS X 10.8.5 / 10.10
No need to uncheck the warning, in fact I recommend against it in case of accidental clicking :)

Indeed 6string, Good advice. I just mentioned it as a 'user preference' only setting and should have stated this in my first response. :|

I have mine unchecked.

+1 for putting me right though ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.