I goofed

Reaction score
Hello Again,

Yesterday I posted a thread asking if anyone could help me solve a converion problem as from VLC files to something compatiable with the new iMovie11

I am a Tard! They are not VLC files, but .mts file types

How in the world can I convert this to something that iMovie will accept.

Thank you.

C

chas_m

You're not a "tard" (I assume that's short for TARDIS) :) -- the maker of your camera is.

MTS stands for MPEG Transport Stream. MPEG is a fine format but unsuitable for editing, so why any consumer camera would use it is a mystery.

Anyway, to convert it you can use the free MPEG Streamclip (which may require the $30 MPEG-2 component to work with MPEG-2 transport streams).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
So these are AVDHD files from a digital camera or camcorder?

If so which make/model?

iMovie supports standard AVCHD and AVCHD lite files via the camera import method. There are exceptions but that's worth trying first.

OP
J
Reaction score
So these are AVDHD files from a digital camera or camcorder?

If so which make/model?

iMovie supports standard AVCHD and AVCHD lite files via the camera import method. There are exceptions but that's worth trying first.

it is a canon vixia, quite new.
I am over seas and do not have my camera to interface directly into my lovely new mac , I am attempting to bring them in via usb from a WD passport.
Thanks for your help

OP
J
Reaction score
You're not a "tard" (I assume that's short for TARDIS) :) -- the maker of your camera is.

MTS stands for MPEG Transport Stream. MPEG is a fine format but unsuitable for editing, so why any consumer camera would use it is a mystery.

Anyway, to convert it you can use the free MPEG Streamclip (which may require the $30 MPEG-2 component to work with MPEG-2 transport streams).

thank you, I will try!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.