Mac app store doesn't load

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBookPro8,1 Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz , 4 GB memory, Intel HD Graphics 3000, mac os 10.6.7
Hello,

I bought a macbook pro about a week ago but every time I try to access the Mac app store the same message appears "one moment, connecting to itunes" (image below) but it never connects. If I press the update tab on the screen a massage appears that says "app store temporarily unavailable" (image also below). At first I though the site was under maintenance or something but its been a week now. I tried reinstalling itunes but it didn't help.

Any thoughts?

Screen shot 2011-03-22 at 10.18.29 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-03-22 at 10.20.31 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Works just fine connecting from Down Under. Of course being a week old, OS X.6.6 is installed?

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBookPro8,1 Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz , 4 GB memory, Intel HD Graphics 3000, mac os 10.6.7
Yes that is correct

Kax

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz Core i5 10.7.3 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD
If you have BOOTCAMP installed unmount the windows partition it will work just fine,
I had this problem and the time machine did the same thing (kept calculating changes). I just unmount the BOOTCAMP and mount it again when finished

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
And if unmounting bootcamp doesn't work try installing 10.6.7 using the combo updater. That resolved the same issue for me.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haven't istalled boot camp

10.6.7 is installed but still having the same problem.

other ideas?

Kax

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try opening both the itunes and app store and leave it on for a while hope it helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
haven't istalled boot camp

10.6.7 is installed but still having the same problem.

other ideas?

Did you install it via the combo updater or Software Update?

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
opened both itunes and app store app for well over 2 hours with no luck

I had originally updated to os 10.6.7 but still did not work,
tried to use the combo updater but go the message below

Is it because i already have the 10.6.7 installed? should I/ can I downgrade to 10.6.6 and then use the combo updater to go back to 10.6.7??

im open to ideas

PS I put up my mac specs for reference, thanks for the heads up

Screen shot 2011-03-26 at 12.07.11 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Off to the Genius Bar or reseller pronto. May have a faulty hard drive.

Reaction score
Could be as simple as your location setting is not right or messed up some how. When I was traveling out of country I had huge issues downloading, that is until I got home. I was able to grab a few apps but what you described was happening. I tried to change my location and it "sort of" worked for a bit.
P.D.

Kax

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Um... did you try to verify and repair the disk that did the job for my brother

Reaction score
One Moment Please

I'm having exactly the same problem.

I bought the new MacBook Pro yesterday in England it's 15inch, Version 10.6.7, 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3.

Upon opening the App Store on desktop I am faced with "One Moment Please.. Loading..." and a link to download iTunes which of course I already have.

Although I've always been an iPhone person this is my first Mac so I would really appreciate any help if somebody does find the solution to this problem.

While I'm here I might as well add the second problem I have which is nothing new but could be linked to this new app store problem:

I am English, I bought my laptop in England and I set the language and country to English/England. I live in Monaco. My iTunes automatically switches the language to French and will only allow me to purchase from the French store, this is only a problem in the sense that I speak English, I don't want to buy French films and I am advertised the French apps which are of no interest to me. I can still buy English apps and music though through searching so that's fine.

However, Monaco is not listed as a country in the iTunes account so technically my billing address is wrong by ending in FRANCE and with an incorrect postcode. This has never posed a problem before but if anyone knows of a way to get around this or if this could be linked to the Mac App Store then please advise!

Thanking you in advance,

Sammy O:)

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well I verified the disk with disk utilities and its ok.
My location, time and date are fine but If click set timezone automatically it says it unable to determine my current location at this time. (image bellow)

Could this all be related?

Screen shot 2011-03-29 at 8.17.40 PM.png

Reaction score
Oh, I think I am the only who met this problem.
And I though that's just because of the bad downloading speed.
Because it became ok some hours later.
Or may be Mac App Store's server is over load.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Hello,

I bought a macbook pro about a week ago but every time I try to access the Mac app store the same message appears "one moment, connecting to itunes" (image below) but it never connects. If I press the update tab on the screen a massage appears that says "app store temporarily unavailable" (image also below). At first I though the site was under maintenance or something but its been a week now. I tried reinstalling itunes but it didn't help.

Any thoughts?

I had this issue in a hotel the other day. It appeared to be blocked port on the hotel network. Once I moved to my next hotel it worked fine.

Reaction score
App store macbook doesn't seem to work overseas

I'm having the issue too. I'm a American that works out of Ukraine. I bought my Macbook Pro online and had it shipped out. I would love it if someone had a solution. I checked my date and time settings and it can't seem to verify my location either. It's weird that the Itunes store works fine. I feel like this is one patch away from being fixed, but I wish they would hurry up.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I managed to fix my old mac air and it turns out that I can use the app store just fine on it but not on my brand new mac book pro, I talked with apple costumer supports and after hours of talking with them and trying different things I still can't access the app store on the macbook pro, they are pretty much stumped

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.