Thinking of buying an Ipod

Reaction score
Hi All. I have an Iphone, Ipad, and MacBook. I love my Apple products...which is why its pretty strange that for music I use a Zune. The reason for that is they offer the zune pass $15 a month for unlimited downloads. Well...I am just starting to lose my patience with Zune....so I am getting closer and closer to switching over to Apple. My question is what service can I use for music subscription...not streaming...but being able to download whatever I want to listen to on my Ipod. Also...is Itunes ever going to offer a subscription??

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You answered you own question. Use iTunes. As far as subscribing, you create an iTunes account, give it your CC info and you should be good to go to download music and videos.

There are some things you can subscribe to on iTunes such as Pod casts. Some are free, others are not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 Macbook Pro 13"
There is not a music subscription option in iTunes. This is one rare area where MS has Apple beat, IMO. If you enjoy the unlimited music downloads for $15/month, better stick with the Zune.

BTW, don't you get to keep a certain number of downloads/month with the unlimited Zune subscription?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
There are subscription services from other places that are iTunes compatible, such as eMusic.

Music Downloads, MP3 Downloads, MP3 songs from eMusic.com

They have several plans, and are not at all bad, depending on your tastes. There's a free trial too. You do get limited though, not unlimited (max is 75 songs per 30 days).

Reaction score
I too am switching from zune to ipod. A few of my downlaoded songs crash the zune os. it sucks.

Itunes works fine with all of my music.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.