iTunes CD burning HELP please

Reaction score
I created a playlist with a very specific and deliberate song order. Every time I try to burn this playlist to a disc, the order of the songs changes.... I don't like it. I've wasted about 5 discs already. Why is this happening? How can I ensure that the song order remains exactly as it appears on the playlist when I burn the disc? ARRG. Never had this problem before.

OP
M
Reaction score
I created my playlist. The song order of the playlist is very deliberate. When I burn the playlist to a disc, the song order changes. I have no idea why this is happening. I've wasted about 5 discs already; I want the song order to remain just as I have it arranged on the playlist. Never had this problem before. Any ideas???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@maryrose:

Please do not post twice regarding the same subject. Always post back to the same thread. You can "bump" your post to the top again by replying to it with the word "bump" or anything else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Is this an "audio" CD or an mp3 CD. An audio CD should burn the playlist as you want it, but, AFAIK, an mp3 CD is basically a Finder disc so it will arrange them in a different order. You can see this if you drag your music tracks out of iTunes into a Finder window.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.