Headphone Help

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Hmm... im not convinced by "7.1" surround.

a)theres no subwoofer
b) theres two ear cups, and regardless of how many drivers it has inside the actual casing itself i guess you would get a pretty weird stereo sound out of them, as they are not naturally distant like normal surround speakers.
c) most MP3s/AAC and so on would be recorded in stereo anyway, so would be effectively doubled up twice on each side.

anyway, aside from my opinion, ill try to answer your question. :)

that is the android OS, so i'm guessing it has its own internal memory, and can be used for apps and so on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 iMac; 8gb DDR3 ram; ati mobility 4850; 1tb seagate harddrive @7200rpm
Sounds like a pure gimmick to me. If he doesn't have a pair of quality headphones, then get him an entry level audiophile or sutdio monitor grade of audio technica, denon, beyerdynamic or seenheser headphones. If he's looking for a gaming headset that offers surround sound capabilities, you're best off getting any of what I already mentioned (preferably open eared) with an astro mixamp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.