USB internet connection?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to connect to the internet using an ADSL USB 'modem'. I have a possible problem with an ethernet 'modem' and want to try to connect using USB.

I have a MacBook Pro 13 on OS X 10.6

Ta in advance..:D

Sorry about putting this on here. I have just realised that it should have gone in the Network Forum. I didn't notice it before. If a mod could delete this for me please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Apple used to make one, but I haven't seen one in years, so I'm not sure you'll have much luck finding one now.
What's the issue with the modem?

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
The ethernet modem has been switched off for almost 7 months due to the incompetence of France Telecom and when it was first switched on, after FT had finally replaced the faulty line, and connected to my MacBook it worked for a few seconds, then the ASDL light started to flash and no connection. This was at a neighbours, so I bought it back home and tried it on our line and had the same problem. My wifi works fine until I plug the ethernet cable in and bingo, no connection again.

It isn't too much of a problem now though because our neighbour has decided to go into FT tomorrow and get a Livebox.

Thank you for the reply though..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 macbook pro 13.3'' i7 750gb 8gb ram, iPad 3 64gb white, black iPhone 5
I know that you can get the MacBook air Ethernet adapter that runs through USB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.