Menulet Question

Reaction score
I have a menulet that is being displayed that I haven't noticed in the past (picture attached - it looks like a bare tree). It doesn't do anything when clicked on; I can't move it or remove it. Can someone tell me what it is, where did it come from and how do I get rid of it (assuming it's something I don't want or need)?

Ed

Screen shot 2011-03-22 at 10.48.14 AM.png

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Have you tried command+dragging it off the bar?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
You should be able to find it in System Preferences - and discover what it is - as well as have it not display. If it were me I'd want to know what it was first - and make sure it's not in your startup items.

I'm sure someone on here will recognize the icon.

OP
E
Reaction score
Answer Found....

As it turns out - this is the menulet icon for Netware Browser. Netware Browser is an application that allows the Mac to "mount" a volume from a Novell native file system.

Thanks to those of you who made suggestions of what to look for....

Ed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.