StarCraft 2 Installation Question?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MBP 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 4GB RAM
Ei guys I'm planning to get StarCraft2.

My Question is if the installation CD only recognizes or allows to install it only in one machine, what if in the future I change or upgrade to a new mbp would time machine allow me to install the game to the new machine?

Hope some one can clarify this for me. Thanks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3
Nevermind, misread your question.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
it goes through battle.net. i think you can install it multiple times but you need to connect it to your account to install it.

OP
johndope83
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it goes through battle.net. i think you can install it multiple times but you need to connect it to your account to install it.

hmm... that's possible... if i remember correctly when you switch to a new mac it ask if you want to "migrate" all your back up files from time machine (and if i remember correctly this includes applications) does this include applications (such as starcraft 2 or any application valid for one machine purchase only) without the hassle of obtaining new serial keys or looking for that darn installation disk?

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah it includes apps.

OP
johndope83
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah it includes apps.

great!!! so i won't have any problems then reinstalling the whole thing then on a new machine in the future! thanks!!!

Reaction score
As long as Battle.net exists, your account is safe and your game will be considered as purchased.

Which side do you play btw? :D

OP
johndope83
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As long as Battle.net exists, your account is safe and your game will be considered as purchased.

Which side do you play btw? :D

back with the first Starcraft i usually play terran or protoss. Don't know yet with this new installment. Heard there are a few changes with the characters and this is just the first of the 3 installments of starcraft 2.

how bout you which side do you play with?

i haven't bought the game yet but mind if i ask if my machine (13in MBP 2.3Ghz i5, 4GB RAM, and integrated intel GPU) would stand the demand of the game? I don't plan going heavy on the graphics. I just want optimum conditions of a decent framerate and game speed.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it works on my 2010 MBP, playable framerates look slightly like an upgraded PS2 game. but then, you have an i5, so it might be a bit nicer to you, unless your let down by the slightly weaker graphics chipset.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
You are going to have to turn the graphics down, however it will work and be playable for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.