Iphone Disassembly/Repair Help!

Reaction score
I disassembled my iphone a long time ago and replaced the back housing, a move I regret.

Now I am having problems with my vibrate, it is not working at all. Also, when I disassembled the iphone a long time ago, a part popped off and I could never, even to this day, figure out where it goes or what it does. (Please see circled item in the picture)

3g_iphone_repair_guide_completely_disassembled.jpg

What does this item do! and where does it go? and is it important??
What is it called??

Also, any ideas on the vibrate function??

Thanks so much

edit: Back when it was working, it would always seem extra loud and sounded like it was vibrating in a way that it wasn't supposed to. i opened it back up and just rescrewed the vib cable and logic board and it worked again in that weird way, and then it didn't work again.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Go to iFixit: The free repair manual and look up the take apart instructions for your iPhone. From the diagrams and breakdown, you should be able to identify the part and where it goes.

OP
Y
Reaction score
I6cLP6cHcNTJVLVi.large

I found out where it goes.. but I still have no idea what it does. Is it related at all the the vibrate function?

When I switch on my vibrate, it works once and then doesn't work at all until i open the iphone up again. Also, it sounds like its rattling something really hard in a way that's not supposed to..

OP
Y
Reaction score
no1 seems to care or be interested.. but for future reference maybe a poor guy doing a futile google attempt.. that piece is the sim card lever. It makes the sim card pop out when you poke that hole...

Also, the vibrate wasn't working properly due to semi-stripped screws not screwed in tight enough.
All done by trial and error people

Reaction score
I post offen and no one replies, this site is kinda slow.

I get all my questions answered at crackbery.com and tipb.com.

I thought I would get a good response here but its a negative...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I post offen and no one replies, this site is kinda slow.

I get all my questions answered at crackbery.com and tipb.com.

I thought I would get a good response here but its a negative...

Looked at all your posts. All 8 have replies and you haven't posted back in response. People can only do so much remotely.

yoo992 said:
no1 seems to care or be interested.. but for future reference maybe a poor guy doing a futile google attempt.. that piece is the sim card lever. It makes the sim card pop out when you poke that hole...

Also, the vibrate wasn't working properly due to semi-stripped screws not screwed in tight enough.
All done by trial and error people

I think it's simply that there isn't a huge "hardware tinkering" bumch on here. So you only got a single post referring to iFixit. That's how it goes somethings. People only see a small number of the overall posts and of thoses only a few will have an answer. That's the way forums are. Glad you found your way through it and thanks for posting back. Many don't. I'm sure it will help someone in the same situation Googling for help :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
I think it's simply that there isn't a huge "hardware tinkering" bumch on here. So you only got a single post referring to iFixit. That's how it goes somethings.

I think that's the kicker. It's also a very obscure question. I've taken 3 iPhones apart to replace shattered front glass so I figured I may be able to answer, but I had no clue.

I imagine lots of people clicked the thread and just didn't know the answer so they moved on. I guess we could simply post, "I have no idea."

Props to the OP for including good pictures though!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.