Got a dumb question about a wireless keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
I got a new wireless keyboard to pair with my iPad and it worked flawlessly. The problem came when I tried to turn it off. There is no indicator saying it's off. Does it just time itself out and I shouldn't worry about it??

Reaction score
I just got one too. Hold the power button in for a few seconds until the green light goes out, you'll know for sure if its off if you try to type something.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If this is the Apple Wireless keyboard, you'd be fine by just leaving the keyboard alone, the keyboard essentially turns itself off to conserve power. You would only need to really turn it off if you were going to put it away for a long period of time..

Regards

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Thanks Razor, that's what I suspected. I appreciate you confirming it for me

Wolf, I did read the Apple manual twice and couldn't find my answer spelled out anywhere. I may have missed it and I saw stuff pertaining to turning the Apple keyboard on, but not anything about turning it off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.