dented brand new MBP un-dent??

Reaction score
hi, my WASHINGMACHINE!! is apparently shaking alot which made my new MBP fall from a chair (40 cm). it created a pretty scarry dent.

Is there any idea to try to unscrew the bottom-plate to try to un-dent it?

the side has been pushed which makes the bottom pop-out.

Please see attached picture.

Im very happy for any advices. :\ :\ :\

bild.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
You could take it apart and then use a small ball peen hammer to pound out the dents. If you were to do this, I'd recommend putting the dented side against a flat surface like a table or counter, and pound it out gentle and slowly from the inside. It won't perfectly line up, but you can get it pretty even if you're patient and steady handed.

Now, that's if you want to take the risks and take your machine apart to fix it yourself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
To take the bottom plate off, use a small phillips head screw driver to remove all of the screws. Take off the batter cover first by pressing on the aluminum hatch. Make sure to keep track of the screws. When you are done put it all back together.

Good luck!

- Kyle

Reaction score
Since its a new machine I would contact apple and see how much it would cost to replace it with a new part. That kind of stuff just drives me crazy and I probably wouldn't be happy unless it was like original. JMHO.
Bill

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.