Windows 7 on bootcamp problem

Reaction score
2007/2008? macbook
(rest of the info is attached as a thumbnail)

Im using Bootcamp to install Windows 7 Ultimate from a dvd with the .iso file burned to it. Everything works fine until it gets to the install point of windows file extention, it goes sort of slow till it gets to 1% then it's fine all the way to 55%. It won't go past 55%, i've tried to install it 2 or 3 times now and same thing. I don't know where to start on what's wrong with it, anyone had similar problems?

oh yeah, whats the key combo to choose which partition to boot from?

Screen shot 2011-03-21 at 4.54.49 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Not trying the 64 bit version are you?

OP
O
Reaction score
no, i made sure haha. I honestly can't think of anything that i could do to potentially fix the problem. Maybe bad burn? but i burned it to two dvds to make sure.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is the ISO file one that you downloaded from the Microsoft on line store? If so, they also provide a DVD copy as backup.

It sounds like a bad burn or ISO file that you received. Since you burned it twice, the file itself is suspicious.

The key combo to choose which bootable volume to select on startup is the OPTION key. Hold down as soon as you hear the POST chime.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.