Taking Notes on the iPad

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Evernote yet.

It works like Dropbox by keeping all your notes in sync across platforms. It comes highly recommended around here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Evernote is OK - I had a few problems with the free edition.
-60MB isn't a massive amount of data for a month. If all you are doing is text it may be OK.
-You have to go premium to use it offline. I am on a plane a lot so that is a non-starter for me.

-On the iPad - I think you need Skitch to do any drawing type things. Please correct me if I'm wrong - but I didn't see a way to take hand written notes, nor draw anything within the Evernote app.
Skitch for iPad is Here! | Evernote Blogcast

Reaction score
also get a stylus

i agree w/ everyone else that an iPad is your best bet. however i'll go a step further and say that you should use a program that has handwriting recognition and get a stylus. It's a great combo for note taking and they sell really good ones at www.lynktec.com try one out and see what you think!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.