StealthArmor Ordered

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hello All,

Like a lot of folks here, I've been on the look out for a good cover for the back of my iPad2 that would look good, offer protection, and play nice with the smart cover.

I found the StealthArmor which looks very sharp... I ordered the Black Carbon Fiber.

It looks like it works great with the Smart Cover Video!

Yet Another Video!

And unlike some of the other skins I've seen, it comes with separate corner pieces and covers all the around the iPad.

I'll post back when I get it on hand and install it... I am actually very psyched about it ;D

Cheers,

M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Looks pretty sweet, but I'd have to give in and go for the black leather cover for that.

Post pics when you get it installed and help me spend more money!

Reaction score
I find the steatharmor site confusing. I want to order the carbon fiber white but how do I know if I'm getting the corner pieces? Also what is a full body kit? Really hard for me to tell do u get the full body kit for 35 dollars?

Hello All,

Like a lot of folks here, I've been on the look out for a good cover for the back of my iPad2 that would look good, offer protection, and play nice with the smart cover.

I found the StealthArmor which looks very sharp... I ordered the Black Carbon Fiber.

It looks like it works great with the Smart Cover Video!

Yet Another Video!

And unlike some of the other skins I've seen, it comes with separate corner pieces and covers all the around the iPad.

I'll post back when I get it on hand and install it... I am actually very psyched about it ;D

Cheers,

M

Reaction score
Has anyone actually received their stealtharmor yet, since they supposedly started shipping on the 14th.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Looks pretty sweet, but I'd have to give in and go for the black leather cover for that.

Post pics when you get it installed and help me spend more money!

Fleurya, I also have the Black Leather SmartCover. As much as I love it, I need something to protect the back, hence the stealth armor.

I will certainly post pictures and help you spend that extra cash ;D

I find the steatharmor site confusing. I want to order the carbon fiber white but how do I know if I'm getting the corner pieces? Also what is a full body kit? Really hard for me to tell do u get the full body kit for 35 dollars?

I have to agree with ya there. So from the videos I posted they showed one with and one without. I ended up calling them on Monday before placing my order.

They did confirm that the corner pieces are included in the box. I will confirm when I get it on hand.

Has anyone actually received their stealtharmor yet, since they supposedly started shipping on the 14th.

I am getting mine on Thursday. I will install it Thursday evening after work and report back. I only ordered it on Monday.

Sorry for the late reply.

Cheers,

M

Reaction score
Now I am disappointed. I have been on the fence about this product and finally this am decided to order it. Thought I should read the FAQ's and lo and behold they don't ship 'internationally' which being just north in Canada I never think of us as 'international' but I do believe that it is considered as such.

Are there any other companies (besides Invisible Shield) who make such a product that also works with the new Smart Cover?

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are a couple other options out there, but the only one I considered was Gelaskins, I actually almost pulled the trigger with that one until I found out that with the StealthArmor you get the corner pieces.

The cool part about Gelaskins, is that you can completely customize the look of the skin. Send them the Art you'd like imprinted on your iPad 2 skin and presto!

The other top contender for the back of my iPad2 was Grove Skins, and honestly I know I am gonna end up breaking down and ordering one of them anyways. The back skin they make is made out real Bamboo and you can choose from a punch of laser engravings, or you can send them your own design and they'll engrave it for ya.

The only reason I didn't go with the Grove is that it says 2-3 weeks to ship + 1 week if custom design... I wanted the Hitchhicker's Guide To the Galaxy's Logo with the "Don't Panic" engraved on it ;D I just wanted something fairly fast so I can protect the back of my iPad2 now, since I use it at work all the time.

So if you are not pressed for time, go for the Grove... they look awesomely unique.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

M

Reaction score
stealth armor people won't ship to the UK. Despite there being a UK shipping option. Annoying!!!

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry to hear about the shipping, you gotta remember that they are a fairly small operation in Southern Cali, though.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just got my Black Carbon StealthArmor. I can confirm that the corner pieces are included in the box, they are apparently optional.

I will report back with pictures when I finish installing it.

Woohhooo! ;D

Reaction score
I ordered my Gelaskin today. Just got the back cover as I am going to be ordering a red leather smart cover tonight at 3am est (or should I say tomorrow).

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here are some pics post my StealthArmor Surgery :D

Let me know what you think.

Installation was a bit of a pain, but all in all it came out very nice. Also, smart cover works perfectly fine.

The only let down is the corner pieces. Though I don't blame the StealthArmor itself, I think it is just simply challenging to make a perfect fitting corner piece. The pieces were included in the package but they don't fit nicely. So I am rocking it without them for now :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Not bad! But without the corners and something for the speaker area, I don't think I could go for it. Corners would be a challenge and I doubt they could make something workable for the speaker area that would better blend and allow audio through without adding a lot of trouble/cost.

Reaction score
It looks great! If they shipped here, I would have bought one. Congrats!

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not bad! But without the corners and something for the speaker area, I don't think I could go for it. Corners would be a challenge and I doubt they could make something workable for the speaker area that would better blend and allow audio through without adding a lot of trouble/cost.

Fleurya, yeah I am still not too terribly psych'd about the corners. But overall the cover looks phenomenal. I am pretty sure if I gave it more time I'd be able to install the corner pieces properly... I might give them another shot later and update here.

I still don't think it is anything that the StealthArmor company could've done better. It is just the limitation of the hardware's shape.

It looks great! If they shipped here, I would have bought one. Congrats!

MacLicious, One of the added benefits of the StealthArmor that I am noticing is the nice texture on the back of the iPad 2. It isn't as slippery as before which makes it much more comfy to hold for readying. I think you will have the same advantage with the GelaSkins though. Please post pictures when you get them installed.

Cheers,

M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
I have to add too that there customer service is phenomenal.

Reaction score
MacLicious, One of the added benefits of the StealthArmor that I am noticing is the nice texture on the back of the iPad 2. It isn't as slippery as before which makes it much more comfy to hold for readying. I think you will have the same advantage with the GelaSkins though. Please post pictures when you get them installed.

Cheers,

M

Hey Mina I just got my Gelaskins. Three business days after I ordered online I have them. So as soon as I get my iPad and install I will post pics.
Cathy

Reaction score
Hey Mina I just got my Gelaskins. Three business days after I ordered online I have them. So as soon as I get my iPad and install I will post pics.
Cathy

Oh that sounds great - a mini review would be appreciated too as mine jsut shipped but will take 3 weeks to get here. So comments on how they fit the iPad2 and how easy they are to install as well as any other comments would be great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.