StealthArmor Ordered

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
need to pick one of these up...thanks for the link

Reaction score
since i was already posting in this thread, I thought I;d say both my Gelaskins arrived here in Blighty.

Not sure which one to go with first. Plenty of time to make my mind up though . no stock in John Lewis of iPad2 which is where I need to get mine from (got a lot of vouchers).

photo.JPG

Reaction score
Sorry, busy with work. I received my Gelaskin 2 days after I ordered it. However, I live close to Toronto. Anyway... I found it really difficult to put on straight and kept having to lift it up and realign it. This was just before I had all the similar difficulty getting my SGP screen protector on (and not without lots of bubbles, dust and plenty of frustration). SGP replacement is on the way and will be up for sale on Kijiji as soon as it arrives.

Anyways, I will post pics of the gelaskin. I am not happy with the end result, but if you don't look too close it is ok at a glance. However, I will probably not buy one again due to this. I have an Invisible Shield on the way. I have installed tons of these with little difficulty and always with good results. And it might be of note that the invisible shield has a better grip feel than the Gelaskins. This is not to say the Gelaskins don't give you a bit of a grip feel, but the Invisible Shield is much grippier and far less likely to slip from your hands.

Once again, personal preference.

Cathy
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n634/MacLicious/iPad2/50a4fbbe.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n634/MacLicious/iPad2/acabb869.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n634/MacLicious/iPad2/1f405c91.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n634/MacLicious/iPad2/af2ab1f6.jpg

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I am glad I stuck with my StealthArmor. It wasn't that har to put on, plus when I had to remove it to adjust it it went back on still looking pristine. ;P

Hope you have better luck with the Invisible Shield.

Cheers,

M

Reaction score
Hello All,

Like a lot of folks here, I've been on the look out for a good cover for the back of my iPad2 that would look good, offer protection, and play nice with the smart cover.

I found the StealthArmor which looks very sharp... I ordered the Black Carbon Fiber.

It looks like it works great with the Smart Cover Video!

Yet Another Video!

And unlike some of the other skins I've seen, it comes with separate corner pieces and covers all the around the iPad.

I'll post back when I get it on hand and install it... I am actually very psyched about it ;D

Cheers,

M
The back protection is as close to perfect that I have seen. I don't like anything over the display however... IMO it degrades the performance and Gorilla Glass is super tough. The film degrades the clarity and the touch sensitivity. Yes they work, sorta ... why not delay in putting on the display cover and see how it goes. You can always add it if it is to become a kids toy as well. Your choice, just my opinion.

Yes it works with the Smart Cover, but the film does degrade the holding force of the magnets as any spacer would.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
The back protection is as close to perfect that I have seen. I don't like anything over the display however... IMO it degrades the performance and Gorilla Glass is super tough. The film degrades the clarity and the touch sensitivity. Yes they work, sorta ... why not delay in putting on the display cover and see how it goes. You can always add it if it is to become a kids toy as well. Your choice, just my opinion.

Yes it works with the Smart Cover, but the film does degrade the holding force of the magnets as any spacer would.

I actually didn't install the Screen Protector at all. I agree with you there.

The StealthArmor didn't really affect the Magnetic strength of the Smart Cover. It still works like a charm!

Reaction score
Maclicious - did you get a carbon fiber one from Gelaskin?

I REALLY like the carbon fiber design but I cannot locate one on the gelaskin website - I too am in Canada so StealthArmor is not in the cards :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.