need a new burner for my g5.. help!!

Reaction score
hi all, iv had my g5 for over 5 years now & my burner is starting to play up.. i burn 1 or 2 dvd's then doesn't burn the next 2 or sometimes it doesn't read the dvd i have just burnt. the burner that i have at the moment is the PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109 (i know it's old school..lol) so yeah i need a new burner that will burn dvd's, cdr's etc.. i am currently in the u.k so any shop or website in england would be preffered. im running leopard 10.5.8 so any writer recomendations that would work on my g5 would be much appreciated

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I would get another Pioneer unit like the 110 or above. They are good drives, perhaps yours just needs a good dusting, but replacement drives are cheap and easily replaceable, and the pioneer drives just plug in and work without needing drivers

Just use Froogle and there are plenty of suppliers in the UK, I upgraded the drive in my ageing G4 with a Pioneer 115 and had no problems

OP
A
Reaction score
cheers mate, will prob do the cleaning before i buy another.. cheers mate

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.