MBP 15 & 17 experiencing freeze under heavy load?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
ahh, maybe I will hold on to my 10 month old 15" for the time being.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Where did you read that it was due to overheating? There are numerous threads on the topic - but I haven't seen that listed credibly as a causal factor. You can start here - and wind your way through some of the links embedded therein. I haven't seen the issue myself - but there are reports that Apple is taking a good look at it.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/232797-more-silly-macbook-pro-problems.html The prevailing opinion seems to be that Apple will address this in their next firmware release. It's worth keeping an eye on - but unless you're buying it to do some of the Heavy duty video encoding - similar to what you'll see from reading those threads - I wouldn't let it sway you. Mine has been fantastic thus far.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.