Ideas On Whom to Host A Personal and Business Site With IWeb

Reaction score
I tried searching within this forum but I was unable to find different opinions on whom others had hosted their sites with.

I do understand that they are opinions and they may vary, but still some opinions are better than no clue.

I am looking to put together a website for my youth soccer team that I coach along with a couple different sites for my business.

Who has reasonable deals on hosting along with a decent track record for reliability.

Thanks for your help

Reaction score
I host all of my Web sites, and keep my domain name and e-mail with:

ICDSoft
Web hosting services from ICDSoft: Superior Tech Support and Super Fast Servers
ICDSoft.com - Web Hosting

For the amazing price of $72/year I get all of the bells and whistles and great 24/7 service! A huge amount of Web space, unlimited e-mail addresses and e-mail hosting, the facility to quickly and easily set up e-mail discussion lists, etc.

Renewal of my domain name only costs $5.

(Keep in mind that this is Web site *hosting*. If you need to know how to *create* a Web site, that's an entirely different questions. A question that I would be happy to answer if you need to know about that too.)

Reaction score
I use several hosts -- each one was selected for different needs.
Last month, I wrote up a list of suggested web hosts.

Knowing little about your traffic, budget, or location, I'll blindly suggest Stablehost. It's on the list as #2. I keep several small personal sites there, as does a friend, and it's been working quite well for about two years now.

Needs really dictate who to go with.

Reaction score
Besthostratings.com is one of those fake review sites. The only "top" reviews are for the affiliates that pay the most $$$ via Commissions Junction and others. BlueHost, for example, is an EIG host -- terrible. That scammy site isn't even hosted by one of the so-called "top 9" hosts on their own list. They're on a shared account, through a reseller (Interaweb), who uses Virtacore (the actual host). Again, fake.

Go to webhostingtalk.com for real reviews
Look up any of those hosts at WHT, and you'll see complaints out the wazoo.

Or again, refer to honest independent lists like the one I made (which is actually prefaced with warnings about fake reviews).

Hope that helps. :)

OP
U
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies, I will check them out. While I am at it, do have a website for templates above and beyond normal IWeb?

Thanks again and keep the ideas coming.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.