macbook usb failed - connected mouse have a low intensity, consistent blink.

Reaction score
macbook had a recent chip replacement, as it was fried due to overheating. now that everything "works" (as in, it boots), i am unable to use the usb ports.

read through pretty much most of the related posts here from the last 6 months, and tried most of the suggestions.

these usb devices work fine on other computers.

observations -
1. when optical mouse is connected, it is unresponsive, but it has a lower intensity and consistent blink.

2. no light indicator when a flash drive is connected.

3. neither devices showed up in the system profiler or anywhere.

can someone help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You say it had a chip replacement. What does that mean? You don't replace chips on a MacBook, you replace the logic board. Is that what you had replaced? If so, take it back and let them look at it again. If the USB ports are not working the logic board may still have problems or the replacement process was not done correctly.

OP
B
Reaction score
as in the intel chip was removed and replaced with a new one. replacing the whole logic board is what apple care would normally do and charge an exorbitant price for it.

as mine mb was already 3 years old, i opted for the alternative.

i really need advice on detecting if there is enough power to the usb ports. thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.