spilled coffee on my MBP unibody...

Reaction score
I spilled coffee on one side of the speakers of my MBP :(, I wiped it off as fast as I could then I had it upside down for 10 minutes to try to drain out any coffee that might have gotten inside. I checked now and the speaker sounds normal but is there anyway I can check to see if any damage was done, and should I even be using it right now? Or should I put it upside down again?

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
theres no way to tell without stripping it down, hopefully you got lucky. even if the speaker dies, thats still a lot better than the logic board.

OP
A
Reaction score
do either of you know if the wifi receiver is in or near the right speaker?I keep testing my internet speed on my MPB and my moms macbook and she keeps getting 13+ Mpbs and I keep getting 3 Mpbs. I thought it might of been because of the rain and wind outside but now I'm starting to think that maybe i damaged the wifi receiver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Depends on Airport/ethernet speed of you and your Mom's Mac. Run Speedtest.net via wifi and ethernet cable and see what is recorded.

http://www.speedtest.net/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.