Gmail issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5(Mine) and Wife's Imac intel,(new)
I hope this is the correct Place to ask this question?

My wife just lost all thru e-mail in her gmail account using her iPad 2. From what I know all she did was to hit then the delete key and poof all e-mail in all folders were gone.
Question has this happened to any one else, like yesterday? I know gmail had some problems a month or two ago.

Is there a issue on the iPad with gmail? Is there a fix for her problem?

A search in google turned up mostly unusable stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
I have not had any issues with my iPad and Gmail. everything is Synced and no problems.

Sorry I can be of any help...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your wife's mail is probably still on the GMail server unless she deliberately deleted it from the server - which is unlikely. Just have her go the web account and move the mail from "read" to her inbox. Then she can download them again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Mine does it makes a folder on gmail entitled deleted messages instead of moving it to the trash. try accessing it on a computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.