DVD Player Features on OS X

J

johantheolive

I'm a longtime Windows user on the verge of buying a g4 ibook. i've been researching on my own but hit one question without any answer. Google has failed me so i'm hoping someone who has a mac can help me out.

I watch a fair number of dvds, especially on trips. In that scenario, I would likely be using headphones with my ibook. My question is what kind of audio features the built in dvd player has. I'm used to powerdvd/windvd and they have great features such as dolby headphone decoding. Are features like these available on a mac and if so with what software? Thanks and these forums are a great resource for those (like myself) looking for answers before switching to a mac.

OP
U

UncSki1218

dvd player on mac should do something like that other wise there will definetly be a program to handle it for u

OP
J

johantheolive

UncSki1218 said:
dvd player on mac should do something like that other wise there will definetly be a program to handle it for u

i appreciate your comments but your reply is very...uncertain. If their definetly is a program that will do it, can you provide a name? I've searched for dvd players for mac os x and all i've found are the built in player and video lan. thanks (i don't mean to sound pushy i just want to know if i will have the capabilities i would like before i dump $1000 into a computer)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.